Growing an online community can introduce many opportunities to your brand or business. Having a flourishing community can help you reach more customers and build meaningful relationships within your community. Knowing how to create and grow online communities can mean the difference between a prosperous brand and an unsuccessful one.
Here is what you need to know to create an active community on social media.
Why It’s Important to Grow an Online Community
Achieving high social media engagement is essential these days for several reasons. If you don’t grow an online community for a brand, it won’t ever be as successful as it would be if you did. Here are the main reasons why it’s essential to grow an online community:
· Reach a wider audience
· Develop deeper engagement
· Receive data-driven results
· Build trust
· Save money on advertising
Proven Methods for Growing Online Communities
Now that you can see the importance of growing an online community, let’s examine some proven methods for growing online communities on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
· Run Facebook Live events that showcase exclusive first looks at a product. The more viewers you get, the higher your livestream gets in the Facebook Live Map, leading to more views and likes.
· Receive organic shoutouts from larger Facebook pages, so you receive more followers. Tag similar brands in your related posts to encourage them to share the posts with their communities.
· Encourage customers to tag your page. Send them an email once they receive a product and request that they tag you in a post they make about your product.
· Create Instagram stories. This can help drive organic traffic to your page or website and show off some more personality of your brand.
· Use relevant hashtags to your brand, especially if they are more niche and have less than one million posts.
· Leverage the power of micro-influencers and nano-influencers to send more people to your brand’s page.
· Post something every day, either in the morning or after business hours.
· Engage with people by responding to their comments. Act warm and friendly, like using the person’s name when engaging with them.
· Use hashtags so that others can discover your brand and jump into relevant conversations.
These are just some of the methods and techniques you can explore more deeply to create and grow an online community. When you apply these, you will guarantee that your brand will see high levels of engagement, enjoying increased leads and conversions. It is well worth spending time on these, so get started on them today!